As always, it has been a long 30 days – ups and downs – but I did so many things and learned some many things – here is 30 days in review:
· I missed an audition to deal with other pressing stuff – I felt bad about it!
· I realized that these are the things I’ve been holding back on doing: Here they are:
1. Connect with one person a day in Linked In.
2. Audition More
3. Make my own work - I need to finish my pilot script.
4. Send my postcards to casting agents.
5. Connect with other actors wanting to make work.
· Interviewed Martial Artist Expert/Hollywood Actor/Director Kely McClung
· Recorded an Interview with Candace Silvers, Acting and Human Behaviour Coach.
· Practicing the play – Win, Lose or Draw for a performance on Aug. 5
· Learned how to dress for an audition.
· Freaked out before an audition – damn nerves!
· Auditioned for a commercial – didn’t get it.
Wrote my “Things to do list”
1. Send postcards to Casting Agents.
2. Get new headshots.
3. Get more auditions go to open casting calls.
4. Connect with other individuals that are like -minded and want to make it in this industry.
5. Take more acting classes.
6. Search the Internet for acting tips.
7. Connect with more people via Linkedin
8. Make my website.
· Started thinking about what it would be like to write a musical.
· Dailyactor.com picked up my interviews – I am now a columnist!
· Found how World Cup drama can be translated into acting.
· Interviewed Nick Mancuso
· Interviewed Joel Keller
· Went to a Mike Stern Concert, listened to live music.
· Enrolled in the casting workshop.
· Still trying to put together an improv group.
· Met with my agent to reassess our work.
· Went to the fringe and saw some great theatre.
· Chose a piece to work on for the casting directors.
· Thought about my brand.
· Checked out a new acting studio.
· Asked for help.
· Had a breakthrough at class.
· Became frustrated about the industry then picked myself back up.
What I Learned
· I feel extremely guilty because I missed this audition - I don't want to do that again because I've been obsessing over it for 3 hours now.
· I realized that I like to procrastinate on some things, but this isn't hurting anyone but myself. Onwards!
· I have to be positive and confident and show them the best me!
· If I didn't plan this out then I'd be running around freaking out the day of. Preparation pays off. Now I can relax.
· I have to write things down to make them real. Now I've put it in my blog so I have to stick to getting these things done! I wouldn't want to be a liar.
· Now I know what it is like to be interviewed by an ad company, next audition will be better, I'm sure. Perhaps next time I'll prep a bit more.
· Live everyday like it is your last.
· Make your own work and people will follow.
· Being able to find the drama in everything
· Always have a pen and piece of paper handy. You never know when a great idea will pop up.
· Practice makes perfect.
· Was inspired by theatre and thought to myself that I need to get on this.
· Don’t try to be funny – you just will be.
· Lindsay Lohan goes to jail – Note to self: This is what not to do if I want a long career.
· I think that the next person that I want to talk to should be a director. Since they work so closely with the actor I was to understand what it is that they do to bring out a performance! (Hey, we can't always do everything by ourselves!)
· I need a great way to memorize lines quickly as I have to have them ready in a couple of days to workshop the piece in class.